The part-time Finance Officer for Kids Thrive Inc will provide financial and accounting advice and take responsibility for all bookkeeping tasks.
The Finance Officer will work in close collaboration with the General Manager and CEO at Kids Thrive in preparing the information required to enable them to undertake all tasks that require financial information and bookkeeping support.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Monthly Petty Cash Management and Reconciliations.
- Collate Debit Card Receipts from Directors and match to bank transactions.
- Accounts Payable – Checking, entering and paying supplier invoices and providing a monthly report.
- Accounts Receivable – Checking, entering and sending invoices out to customers / funders including credit control and issuing of Tax Receipts. Provide a monthly report.
- Manage reimbursements between Kids Thrive and Cha Cha Sam.
- Full Trial Balance reconciliations conducted on a monthly basis.
Payroll and BAS
- Maintain Employee records in XERO and submit new employee information to the ATO.
- Process Payroll – salaried, full time, part time, hourly rate, casual contracts.
- Entitlement recording – annual leave, personal leave and long service leave reporting.
- Checking and processing employee expenses.
- Allocate salary and super costs to ‘Tracking Codes’ in XERO (Programs and Funders) via manual Journal on a fortnightly basis.
- Ensure fortnightly reconciliation of all Wages Control Account, PAYG and Superannuation Control Accounts.
- Fortnightly management and payment of Super entitlements via the automatic Xero process.
- Processing and lodgment of Year End Payment Summaries.
- Processing quarterly BAS Returns –
- Kids Thrive
- Cha Cha Sam
Systems and Processes
- Gatekeeper of Xero Accounts System and User Access.
- Review and maintain Chart of Accounts and Tracking Codes (Funders and Programs).
- Ensure that efficient filing systems are in place for all financial documents and maintenance of these systems.
- File all new staff contracts into Dropbox.
- Maintain Finance Forms such as Payment Requisitions and New employee Forms.
- Manage Bank Account online access and signatories.
- Manage Term Deposit rollovers and transfers.
- Work with the Directors and General Manager to produce and maintain annual and future Budgets in Excel by:
- Input and amend Budgets into XERO as required using Chart of Accounts and Tracking Codes for reporting purposes.
- Monitor Budget progress on a weekly/fortnightly basis.
- Produce Funder Acquittals as required.
- Produce weekly Flash Statement providing KPI information.
- Monthly Profit and Loss preparation and reporting by Organisation, Funder and Program comparing Actual to Budget.
- Work Cover Insurance Reporting.
- Produce quarterly Financial Reports for Committee of Management meetings as directed by the Board.
- Year End Accounts preparation for Directors, accountants and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for maintenance and preparation of all documents required for the Annual Audit and provide all required information to the Auditor.
- Lodge Audit documents in a timely manner.
- Produce half yearly ROCE, ACNC and other standard Not for Profit Reports.
- Financial Year Rollover reconciliation for Accounts System.
- Assist in the preparation of the Governance Calendar.
- Undertake bookkeeping duties for Cha Cha Sam as directed using XERO.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Financial accounting knowledge, report generating, software knowledge and accuracy.
Working knowledge of Xero is desirable.
Kids Thrive Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK
All employees of Kids Thrive Inc. are required to obtain a Working with Children Check at their own expense. Please present at Kids Thrive office and we will retain a copy on file.
Kids Thrive is based at the Auspicious Arts Incubator – hub of arts, media and architecture organizations in central South Melbourne. Our offices are child and pet friendly, and the Program Coordinator works in a friendly, collegiate atmosphere within a shared office space.
Kids Thrive is an arts and community cultural development organisation fostering positive social outcomes for disadvantaged children and their direct communities. We partner with and draw on the wisdom and best practice of artists, educators and children’s specialists to develop and deliver arts-based health, education and social justice programs and resources for children aged 0-12 and their significant adults.
Kids Thrive was founded in October 2010 by Creative Directors Andrea Rieniets and Andrea Lemon. The organisation values inclusion and diversity, and places at the core of all its work a heart-centred, long-term view of the child as a major contributor to, and creator of community.
Creativity | Integrity | Commitment | Flexibility
Sarah Mathers – General Manager, Kids Thrive